Series TE Duct and Immersion Building Automation Temperature Sensor
Available up to 18" Probe Length, Thermistor or RTD Outputs
The Series TE Duct and Immersion Temperature Sensor can be used to monitor air or water temperature throughout a building management system or an air handler unit. Flanged duct sensors monitor the supply or return air and provide a thermistor or RTD output to the digital controller. Immersion sensors which are supplied with compression fittings are typically used to monitor the hot or chilled water lines throughout a building. Thermowells are recommended, but not required on the immersion sensors.
For variable air volume applications, the Series TE can be configured to have 8' plenum rated cable with flying leads. Standard units come with 4" leads with an integral terminal block to eliminate carrying extra wire nuts. For housing models, multiple knockouts provide easy conduit access to any side of the housing. The 1/4 turn lid comes with a chain to prevent it from being lost during installation.
For models with resistive thermistors or RTD outputs, please see Resistance vs. Temperature Table.
- Building automation
- VAV temperature sensing
- Chiller or boiler loops
- AHU monitoring
Models & Ordering
- Thermistor temperature sensor: ±0.22°C @ 25°C (±0.4°F @ 77°F); RTD temperature sensor DIN Class A: ±0.15°C @ 0°C (±0.28°F @ 32°F).
- Temperature Limits:
- Operating: -40 to 302°F (-40 to 150°C).
- Sensor Curves:
- See Resistance vs. Temperature Table
- Cable Rating:
- Plenum option includes UL listed plenum cable.
- Housing Material:
- Meets UL, 94 V-O polycarbonate plastic.
- Housing Rating:
- NEMA 4X (IP66) (DFW, IBW only).
- 5.3 oz (150.3 g).
- Agency Approvals:
- Meets the technical requirements of EU Directive 2011/65/EU (RoHS II).
- Easy to mount external tab housing and flange options for duct applications
- 1/4 turn housing cover with chain to prevent dropping
- Multiple conduit knockouts for easy installation positioning
- 8´ plenum rated cable option
- Terminal connector eliminates need for wire nuts
|EXAMPLE||TE||IBN||A||04||4||4||12||Series TE-IBN-A0444-12 Immersion Probe, 10K type 3 thermistor, 4" probe length, 1/4" probe diameter, 4" flying leads, with 1/2" NPT connection.|
|SERIES||TE||Duct and Immersion Building Automation Temperature Sensor|
|Duct Flange Probe Only (not w/ Connection 12,14)
Duct Flange In Housing (not w/ Connection 12,14)
Duct Flange NEMA 4X Housing (not w/ Connection 12,14)
Immersion Probe Only
Immersion in Housing (not w/ Connection 00)
Immersion NEMA 4X Housing (not w/ Connection 00)
|10K Type III Thermistor
10K Type II Thermistor
3K Ohm Thermistor
PT100 Ohm RTD
PT1000 Ohm RTD
NI 1000 Ohm RTD
Balco NI 1000 Ohm RTD
PT100 Ohm RTD 1/10 DIN (3-wire)
PT1000 Ohm RTD 1/10 DIN (3-wire)
10k Ohm Type 3 Thermistor w/11K Ohm Shunt
|PROBE DIAMETER||4||1/4" double encapsulated|
|4" Flying leads w/female connector Molex recept
4" Flying leads w/male connector Mate-N-Loc plug
4" Flying leads spade terminals
4" Flying leads terminal block
8' Plenum cable w/female connector Molex recept
8' Plenum cable w/male connector Mate-N-Loc plug
8' Plenum cable spade terminals
8' Plenum cable
1/2" NPT Compression Fitting
1/4" NPT Compression Fitting
- How many wires do the RTD versions of the TE Series Temperature Sensors have?
- The TE Series Temperature Sensors are all two-wire sensors for both the thermistors and RTD’s.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.