Series F6 & F7 Level Switches - Vertical
Low Cost, Reliable and Compact, Hermetically Sealed Contacts
The Series F6 & F7 Vertical Level Switches are designed to be mounted at the
maximum or minimum level point to provide level indication and control. Models are
shipped with normally open switch contacts which close as the float rises toward the
- Water level monitoring
- Oil level control
- Chemical level indication
- Stand pipes
- Tank level control
- High viscosity liquids
Models & Ordering
- Series F6
- Compatible liquids.
- Wetted Materials:
- See model table on catalog page.
- Temperature Limit:
- F6-SS & F6-MHS: -4 to 257°F (-20 to 125°C). F6-HPS-11, 21, 31: 14 to 176°F (-10 to 80°C).
- Pressure Limit:
- F6-SS & F6-MHS: 218 psi (15 bar). F6-HPS-11, 21, 31: 116 psi (8 bar).
- Enclosure Rating:
- General purpose.
- Switch Type:
- SPST Hermetically sealed reed switch, reversible for NO or NC.
- Electrical Rating:
- 20 VA: 0.17 A @ 120 VAC, 0.08 A @ 240 VAC.
- Electrical Connections:
- 22 AWG, 11.811" (300mm) long.
- Process Connection:
- F6-SS: 1/8" NPT, HPS-21, 31: 1/2" NPT, F6-MHS, F6-HPS-11: M16*2.
- Mounting Orientation:
- F6-SS: vertical ±20°, F6-MHS/HPS: horizontal with index arrow pointing up or down.
- Specific Gravity:
- F6-SS: 0.65, F6-MHS: 0.85, F6-HPS-11, 21, 31: 0.6.
- F6-HPS-11, 21: 1.23 oz (38 g), F6-MHS-31: 1.41 oz (40 g), F6-MHS: 3.35 oz (95 g), F6-SS: 1.59 oz (45 g).
- Agency Approvals:
- Series F7
- Electrical Rating (Maximum):
- F7-SB, -SS2: 50 VA, 1.5 A, 200 VDC or AC peak MAX F7-PP, -BT, -HSS, -MHS AC: 25 VA, 1.0 A, 200 V DC: 10 W, 1.0 A, 200 V F7-HPS-1, -2 AC: 25 VA, 1.0 A, 200 V DC: 10 W, 1.0 A, 200 V (F7-HSS is rated explosion-proof for Class I, Groups A, B, C, D; Class II, Groups E, F, G; Class III).
- Mounting Connection:
- 1/8" NPTM (all vertical mount), 1/2" NPTM (F7-HPS-2, F7-HSS), M16 x 2 (F7-HPS-1), 1/2" x 13 thread (F7-MHS).
- Wire Leads:
- 22 AWG x 18" (46 cm), vertical mount models; 22 AWG x 39" (1 m), models F7-HPS-1, -2; 22 AWG x 24" (61 cm), models F7-HSS, -MHS.
- Alnico (F7-SB, -PP, -BT, -HPS), ceramic (F7-SS2, -HSS, -MHS).
- 2 oz. (58 g), F7-SB; 1.2 oz. (34g), F7-SS2; 0.8 oz. (23 g), F7- PP; 0.7 oz.. (20 g), F7-BT; 1.5 oz. (43 g), F7-HPS-1; 2 oz. (57 g), F7- HPS-2 and -MHS; 3 oz. (94 g), F7-HSS.
- Combine low cost and reliability with fast, simple installation
- Hermetically sealed reed switches are actuated by magnets permanently bonded inside the float and can be easily adapted to open or close a circuit on rising or falling levels
- Easily reverse switch action by removing the float, rotating it end-for-end and replacing it on the stem
- Vertical models mount internally, oriented within 30° of vertical, or select optional fittings for external mounting
- Switch ratings are suitable for many solid state control systems and monitors or alarms
- Simple relay interfaces can be used for higher current applications
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|A-347||1/8 x 1-1/4" NPT carbon steel adapter.||1-2 Weeks||$30.25||Order|
|A-347-SS||Stainless steel adapter, 1/8" x 1-1/4" NPT.||1-2 Weeks||$96.00||Order|
|A-348||Carbon steel adapter, 1/8" x 1-1/2" NPT.||1-2 Weeks||$39.00||Order|
- How are the F6 & F7 vertical level switches converted from N.O. to N.C. or vice versa?
- The float is removed and replaced upside down.
- Why is the minimum specific gravity important on the float level switches?
- If a medium has a lower s.g. than the rated minimum for a float, the float will sink through the media and the switch will not operate.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.